roman lakes leisure park
Tel: 0161 427 2039
A C T I V I T I E S
Park, Lake and Kiosk
8am - Dusk
TUESDAY - SUNDAY
Open Bank Holidays
Bank Holidays 10-5
and Weds-Fri 10-4
Park, Lake and Kiosk
except Bank Holidays
Easily accessible from Cheshire and Greater Manchester, our waters extend to some 10 acres and are made up of a large lake with wooded islands and extensive canal type backwaters all in a wooded valley setting. The layout gives a quiet and idyllic place to fish with facilities such as a car park, cafe and toilets.
We are a day water and a permit is required before starting to fish. Strictly no night fishing. No entry until gates unlocked.
All the waters are stocked with Carp, Pike, Bream, Perch, Roach and Tench. In the Main Lake there are Carp at +30lbs and Pike at +20lbs.
An Environment Agency Rod Licence is required (12 and under excepted) and covers 2 rods. If you use 3 rods then a second licence is required. It is the anglers responsibility to have the correct licence(s).
(No Night Fishing)
Permits are issued subject to the following conditions -
Fishing permits must be obtained at the Lakeside Cafe before setting up.
Only one rod to be set up per permit; rods not in use must be dismantled.
Permits obtained on the bank side will attract a charge of £10 per rod.
Anglers must have regard for the well-being of the fish stocks as their highest priority.
· No keep nets, or fish retaining methods allowed (except matches run by the fishery staff).
· Barbless hooks only.
· No fishing during the hours of darkness.
· All fish to be returned to the section of water where they were caught.
· Carp anglers must use unhooking mats at all times.
· The hook line must be left free from all weights in the event of any line being severed.
· Landing nets compliant with current Environment Agency byelaws to be used at all times - minimum size 36".
· Pike fishing - no live baits (sea dead baits only).
· No fishing on the lane side of the lake. No wading.
· Electric bait transporters allowed at the discretion of the management - at anglers own risk
and they must not interfere with other persons interests.
We reserve the right to withdraw any permits for the benefit of all and happy fishing.